Our Covid Committee has been hard at work throughout the pandemic, devising effective strategies to keep our community as safe as possible. The Committee consists of staff and lay leaders, as well as medical and public health professionals.
As a result of the changing circumstances, the Covid Committee has adopted new rules, effective immediately. Please note, these rules apply only to healthy adults and children. If you are sick with any type of symptoms, whether or not they are associated with Covid, please stay at home.
- Vaccinations All adults and children 5 years old and older must be vaccinated to attend any event at Netivot Shalom.
- Masks Everyone over 2 years of age that enters Netivot Shalom premises must wear N94, N95, KN95 masks, a cloth mask doubled with a surgical mask or some equivalent to these.
- Shabbat Services We have returned to our normal Shabbat Services. There is no need for pre-registration. There is seating both indoors and outdoors. Those not vaccinated can attend services via zoom. We will not require social distancing, but encourage you to continue to practice social distancing where possible.
- Kiddush We have resumed Kiddushim following Shabbat services! All food must be pre-plated; we are not yet returning to buffet meals. Drinks are allowed. All food and drink must be served and consumed out of doors. Everyone must dispose of their own dishes, cups, napkins, etc.
- Youth Programs Children are welcome to sit in services with their parents (with masks). When youth programs are provided, they will be held out of doors to the extent possible, either at The Berkeley School or at a nearby park. When childcare for preschool age children is provided, it will be in the Preschool Yard. No snacks will be provided.
- Meetings/classes Masks are required for everyone attending any meeting or class at the building. There is no eating or drinking allowed indoors. Vaccination rules outlined above must be followed. Groups meeting in the building are welcome to bring their own equipment and manage remote participation. There is no staff or equipment available to offer hybrid participation for meetings and classes.We strongly encourage each class and committee to poll its members/participants to determine whether to return to in-person sessions or to remain on zoom.
- Office We now have office hours should you need to come by the building. The office is open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Contact Ken Schnur, Executive Director, at Ken@netivotshalom.org, if you need to come into the building at another time. Masks are required for entry into the building.
- We all rejoice for the return to some semblance of normalcy. But we remain cautious — these rules are subject to change. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
- The Covid Committee
- Tamar Fendel
- Katya Gerwein, M.D.
- Brenda Goldstein
- Rebecca Goodman
- Judy Hahn, PhD., M.A.
- Serena Heaslip
- Rabbi Chai Levy
- Ken Schnur
Other Ways You Can Help
We know that people will be impacted financially by this pandemic. If you’d like to make a donation to the Rabbi’s Discretionary fund, please click here and choose Rabbi’s Discretionary Fund from the drop-down menu. Rabbi Chai will direct your donation to those impacted by Coronavirus.
If you have technological expertise in Zoom, live-streaming, or videography that would be helpful to our community at this time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how you can help out.
If you have other ideas for ways you’d like to help create connection and support in our community, please let us know at email@example.com.
Please continue to follow the recommendations provided by the CDC and the California Department of Public Health . We are grateful to the collective effort and sacrifice that so many are making to keep our communities safe and healthy, and we wish you all the best in this challenging time. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Zoom setup support for your Device
Zoom needs to be installed in different ways depending on the device. Below are directions that should help you navigate installation of Zoom for different devices.